We noticed from previous exhibitions there were printed notices and banners but nothing in stitch to reflect our love of stitch and all the varied talents of our members. We want us all to put that right and for each member whatever their level of experience or particular interest to create at least one bunting pennant that can be displayed during exhibitions or at venues such as New Hall. It can be created using machine or hand stitch and in any style or colours within the guidelines provided which are set to provide some continuity.
The title is CELEBRATING SUTTON COLDFIELD CREATIVE STITCHERS
This gives 43 letters but we also need 21 without letters to set before the letter, spaces in between and after the letters.
Please follow these guidelines;
1. Select a letter or without letter and print your name on the sheet so we can see who has what and if there are any blanks.
2. Feel free to take a letter and a blank if you can manage more than one.
3. Only use the calico pennants provided.
4. The calico is in pairs because you will need a front and back as it might be hung in the middle of the room and not necessarily against a wall. If you have selected a letter then the back should be decorated as well in a pattern without the letter. It can match the front or be entirely different. Of course those without letters also need a front and back.
5. Letters must fit into an imaginary box 7cm wide and 12.5cm tall and as far as possible fill the space so they can be seen. CAPITALS only.
6. Set letters 5cm below the top of the calico as we have to allow space for the top binding.
7. Please sign each piece in stitch and date it as this is a part of the groups history.
8. Date for hand in is the February 2017 meeting.
Let’s get stitching.
Nicky, Frances, Lorraine.